Police Advisory Council
We envision a safe community environment made possible by a strong, positive and trusting relationship between the community-at-large and the Gainesville Police Department. We recognize the effective delivery of public safety services requires the police partnering together with its citizens to ensure the safety of all its residents and those visiting our community.
It is the purpose of the Police Advisory Council to act in an advisory capacity to the Police Department by bringing to their attention feed-back from the community concerning public safety issues and law enforcement needs and actions. To this end the Police Advisory Council is devoted to facilitating the flow of ideas relative to police services for the continued improvement of the quality of life of its citizens.
The Police Advisory Council is tasked with the following objectives:
- To foster understanding and communication between the citizens of Gainesville and the Gainesville Police Department and to review and advise the chief community relations between Gainesville Police and all segments;
- To increase involvement by the citizens and police in community programs;
- To Review and advise the Chief on personnel policy and procedures as requested by the Chief/and or City Manager.
- Work to strengthen and ensure, throughout the community, the application of equal protection under law;
- To acquaint citizens with the operation of the Gainesville Police Department and its varied activities;
- Serve as a panel to discuss closed internal investigations for discussion purposes with regards to what processes may be considered in preventing the occurrence of future activities;
- To assist in crime prevention through the distribution of material on crime deterrence;
- To generate community interest and involvement in crime prevention, to include community oriented policing and other areas of community relations; and,
- Review and make recommendations concerning such other and further matters may be referred to the PAC from time to time by the City Manager or Chief of Police.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that the Police Advisory Council meets once a month. You can review meeting minutes below.
PAC Meetings and Minutes